- Senior Programming Coordinator: Chrissy Clancy
- Office Address: Town of Clay Recreation Department
Attn: Chrissy Clancy, Older Active Adults Coordinatoror
4401 Route 31
Clay, New York 13041
- Office Hours: 8:30AM - 4:30PM Monday through Friday
- Senior Center Address: 4948 Route 31, Clay, NY 13041
- E-mail: email@example.com
Join us at our Clay Senior Center located on Route 31 in the old fire barn across from Immanuel Lutheran Church. The Senior Center offers WiFi for all the Tech savy! The Clay Senior Center offers many and varied programs to Clay Seniors including - Cards, Creative Arts, Sewing Guild, Knit-Wits, Men's Club, Nutritious Lunches, Fitness Programs, just to name a few! There is a weekly Peace Nutrition luncheon and specialty programs too! We at the Town of Clay are please and proud to be able to offer Clay Seniors the very best in quality Senior programming. Not signed up for the Senior newsletter, the Clay Pigeon? Contact Contact our office at 652-3800 extension 137 to be put on the mailing list. Also, any changes to your address should be reported to the Clay Senior Coordinator to insure you receive you newsletter and not miss out on any events offered. Town of Clay residents only, please!
Senior Center Happenings:
Note: subject to change based on attendance and director.
Additional Community Offerings & Activities:
Important Trip Information:
- Mondays: 9:00-12:00 Noon - Watercolor lessons with Joanne Neff from Neff Studios - call 678-2927. 12:00-4:00 Duplicate Bridge/Open Pool - call Al 652-3659 for cards schedule.
- Tuesdays: 12:00-4:00 PM - Open Card Games - bring a snack to share - call the Bean's 652-5433 for Pinochle information.
- Wednesdays: 12:00 PM - PEACE Inc. Nutrition Lunch - must call 470-3330 by 4:00 the previous Tuesday. Suggested donation $2.75 at the door.
- Wanderer's Club: Ahoy Wanderers! Every Tuesday we will embark on a Brand New Adventure with our Wanderer's Club for Seniors. Designed as a 'social fitness program' to get us up, out and moving, exploring and having a socially good time. the WWC gives us a new destination to explore each week at a wanderer's pace! Programs are outlined in the Senior Newsletter. You are responsible for your own transportation to the various locals. Please register each week. Last minute show ups are welcome, except where mandatory registration is noted! If you plan on returning to the Senior Center for the Nutrition Lunch the sign up rules will still apply. There is no cost to join but be aware that some destinations may have an admission and/or parking fee. This is your sole responsibility. Walking will always be involved but at your own pace and as near or as far as pleases you! Destination subject to cancellation due to weather. When in doubt pleases call Chrissy after 8:30 AM. Register at 652-3800 x 137.
- AARP 55+ Driving Classes: Please call 458-0050 or 1-888-227-7669 for registration information.
- Free Blood Pressure & Cholesterol Screening - Call 475-9921 for more information.
- Oasis Senior Education & Programs - call 464-5912 for information.
- Peer to Peer Senior Support Service - call 464-6555. Free & Confidential solutions.
- Your Neighborhood Advisor - Katie Bloss at 516-4833 available for free & confidential outreach. Catholic Charities and New York State Department of Aging subsidized.
- Clay Historical Association Meetings: contact Cheryl Parsons, 708-9997.
- Separate checks for each trip - with trip marked on the memo part of your check.
- Make checks payable to Town of Clay Seniors.
- Note handicap seating when registering.
- Cancellations - No refund 30 days prior to trip. For Day Trips 48 hour notice or travel group policy for registration. If you do not show up at your bus stop there will be no refund.
- Non-residents may call and be put on a waiting list. Clay Seniors first, then we will do our best to accommodate you.