The Department of Planning and Development serves the community by providing for the health, safety, welfare, and safety education of the public in the following areas:
**Please Note: Building Permits can only be taken in until 4:00pm unless you are paying by a check, then the receipt will be mailed to you the next business day.
- Building Permits (SEE FORMS & APPLICATIONS)
- Building Inspections
- Zoning Compliance/Complaints
- Fire/Life Safety Inspection
- Site Plans (Planning Board)
- Subdivisions (Planning Board)
- Area and Use Variances (Zoning Board of Appeals)
- Special Permits (Zoning Board of Appeals)
**PLEASE NOTE** - You should have a copy of your survey with the paperwork when you purchased your home. Also, the bank that holds the mortgage or the lawyer that did the closing should have a copy. We probably don't have one if it is more than 15 years ago. If you want us to check for one for you, you need to call ahead. It might take a day for the research.
The Commissioner of Planning and Development coordinates the enforcement activities of these functions and additionally coordinates cases between the Planning Board, the Zoning Board of Appeals and the Town Board. The Commissioner of Planning and Development is responsible for scheduling and overseeing the processing of Violation cases brought by the Code Enforcement Officers to the Justice Court.
- Assistant Commissioner of Planning & Development: Cindy Heid (firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Code Enforcement Officers:
James Condon, email@example.com
- Joseph Grispino (Complaints & Violations) ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Pam DiCarlo, email@example.com
- Office Staff: Terry Geremski
Electrical Inspection Agencies accepted by the Town of Clay are:
* CNY Electrical Inspection Service, LLC, Larry Kinne 633-0027
* Commonwealth Electrical Inspection Service, Inc., 1-800-801-0309
* The Inspector, Tim Willsey, 1-800-487-0535 or 247-9162
* Middle Dept. Inspection Agency, 452-5304
Stormwater Information- Fall 2016