For Districts #'s 2, 3, 4, 5, 7 & 8 and calendar year 2021 brush will be picked up weekly by Superior Waste Removal, under contract with the Town of Clay. Brush collection is Monday-Friday, 6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Following is a list of guidelines that you must adhere to for brush to be collected. Below is the detailed street listing for the mentioned districts.
- Limbs will be collected provided they are bundled and tied together (twine or rope ONLY), less than 5’ long and less than 50 pounds in weight. Limbs shall have a diameter no greater than 6”.
- Brush must be in rigid plastic or metal containers or biodegradable lawn and leaf bags. Full containers shall not weigh more than 50 pounds.
- Plastic bags may not be used either inside or outside of the rigid containers.
- Items should not be placed in any manner that obstructs traffic, pedestrians, or drainage.
- Torn, ripped or overweight bagged items will not be collected.
- Items must be placed in a manner easily visible and accessible.
- Dirt/Sod must be removed from plant roots. Dirt/Sod will not be disposed of as brush.
- All potted plants shall be removed from their container (pot). The container will not be collected as part of this service.
- Removal and disposal of trees are the sole responsibility of the property owner and are not under the brush contract.
ITEMS THAT WILL NOT BE COLLECTED INCLUDE: rocks, rubbish, refuse, recyclables, landscaping fabric, construction materials, furniture, appliances, sinks, tubs, white goods, carpet and other appliances, tires, batteries, automobile parts, or brush from other districts. Any of these items mistakenly left at the curb will not be picked up and according to Town regulations, must be removed from the street side before 6:00 p.m. on collection day. Please remember, should you have any of these items or any other service requests feel free to contact Superior Waste for a quote.
HOLIDAY PICKUP: If during the week (Monday-Friday) your pick-up falls on or after the following holidays, New Years, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day, service is delayed by one day for the remainder of that week.
CHRISTMAS TREE PICKUP: For the 2021 Christmas season, pickup will begin starting January 4 – January 21, 2022. All districts will be picked up on your scheduled day. Tree stands, decorations, and lighting must be removed from the tree. Do not cover, wrap, or bag your tree in plastic. It is the homeowner’s responsibility to ensure the tree is accessible on your scheduled pick up day. If it is buried by snow or by any other means, it will not be collected. Artificial trees will not be collected.
Most questions or complaints can be handled directly with Superior Waste Removal at (315) 672-3174 between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Please leave a message if prompted. If Superior ise not able to assist or resolve the issue, contact the Town of Clay, Supervisor Damian M. Ulatowski’s Office at (315) 652-3800 ext. 162 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Districts 1 & 6 please visit the Highway Department page under Brush Collection.