Yard Waste Recycling Center
- The Town of Clay provides a Yard Waste Recycling Center located on Oak Orchard Road, one mile east of the intersection of Henry Clay Blvd. The Oak Orchard Road Yard Waste Center will be open the second Saturday of each month from April - November, 8am til noon. Town of Clay residents may drop off (free of charge) yard waste such as leaves, grass clippings, shrubs, trees (including stumps), and concrete.
- Please NO plastic pots or plastic packaging of any kind, including retail bags or plastic trash bags. If you bring any material in plastic, please be prepared to take it with you.
- If you have any questions, please call the Highway Department at (315) 652-3800, prompt #3. You may also visit OCRRA's website at www.ocrra.org or call (315) 453-2866 to obtain information on their yard waste operations.
The Town of Clay’s WEEKLY brush collection service is for residential properties only. Superior Waste Removal, Inc. will be handling brush collection for Districts 2, 3, 4, 5, 7 and 8. Brush will be collected between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. and must be from a resident's property within his/her brush district and not from outside areas. Please see below schedule and street listing. Christmas trees will be picked up for Districts 2, 3, 4, 5, 7 and 8 starting January 6 through January 23, 2020. Christmas trees for Districts 1 & 6 will be picked up by the Highway Department starting in January 2020 and as trucks allow.
The following is a list of guidelines and requirements for brush collection:
- Non-artificial Christmas trees missed will be picked up. The trees cannot be bagged in plastic and have any ornaments or tree stands attached.
- Brush will be collected EVERY week starting March until mid-December.
- Brush includes leaves, grass clippings, shrub cuttings, small branches and twigs, and must be placed in rigid plastic or metal containers. Biodegradable lawn bags are acceptable, if kept dry and intact. Place all containers outside of road pavement and gutters so as not to obstruct traffic or block drainiage. Plastic bags are not acceptable either inside or outside of any containers.
- Full containers or bundles shall not weigh more than 50 pounds.
- Limbs five feet long or less will be collected provided they are bundled and tied together. Limbs shall be no greater than 6 inches in diameter.
- Trees: Removal and disposal of trees are the sole responsibility of the property owner and are not under the scope of the brush contract.
- All potted plants must be removed from their plastic containers (pots). Dirt/sod must be removed from plant roots and can not be disposed of as brush. The container (pot) is a trash/recyclable item.
- Brush discarded in Town parks and right-of-ways is prohibited and violators will be fined.
- Items that will not be collected during the weekly brush collection include: rubbish, refuse, recyclables, construction materials, furniture, appliances, sinks, tubs, white goods, carpet, tires, batteries, automobile parts, etc. Any of these items mistakenly left at the curb will not be picked up and, according to Town regulations, must be removed from the street before 6:00 p.m. on collection day.
If you need materials picked up, not covered under brush collection, call Superior Waste directly for a competitive price. However, you may contact any hauler for additional pick-up. Most questions or concerns can be handled directly with Superior Waste at (315) 672-3174. If they are not able to assist or resolve the issue, contact the Town of Clay at (315) 652-3800 ext. 162 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: It is the hauler's responsibility to return empty containers to approximately the same location.
The Town provides a Central Disposal Facility at the Town Highway Garage located at 4483 NYS Route 31, Clay, NY. This facility is open every second Saturday of each month from April through November from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Clay residents can drop off heavy appliances, excluding those containing Freon, and metal only items. For questions call the Highway Department at (315) 652-3800. For more information on disposal programs contact the Onondaga County Resource Recovery Agency's website at www.ocrra.org.
*For Districts 1 & 6 please go to the Highway Dept. information page.
** Click on the individual districts listed adjacent to the TOC District Map for a listing of streets included and schedule of collection dates.
*** Central Disposal Facility will be open in November, weather permitting. Please call ahead.